Thursday, December 24, 2009

Learning To Make Satin Ribbon Roses


I'm learning to make ribbon roses. I just love to work with ribbon. Anything ribbon will work. These are about 2-1/2 inches wide. Perfect for appliques, hairbows, scarves, pillowcases,shoes, brooch pins.
There are so many styles of roses to learn. I found the most amazing book written by Candace Kling , The Artful Ribbon. I have never seen so many beautiful ribbon flowers. Something very special in making flowers. Keeping beautiful things alive. I will be offering roses made of satin, organza and grosgrain ribbons. They will be posted on ebay within a few days and on my website www.angelbowboutique.com
I will still make my hairbows just plan to expand. No way is there enough time to do everything you want to. I would love to sew and make handbags and totes. I just can't fit everything in. I choose the roses because I can sit in the living room at night with my husband and make the roses while we watch a little TV. He is very sick and I don't like to stay in my bow room all the time and leave him alone so much. This is a perfect solution for that problem.

This is Christmas Eve and I'm missing my family so much. My Brother, Sister and my Mom. Missing the old days when we all lived near each other and spent holidays together when our children were small.

I received a boutique of beautiful flowers yesterday from someone I'm not really sure who it was but they brightened my Christmas more than they know. One the card there was a bible verse. I pulled out my bible and looked it up.

Psalms 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

I had no idea that this would be so sad and depressing this Christmas. The first Christmas that my husband and I spent together since he went on dialysis. Everything is different now. The medical company brought equipment yesterday for him. Wheelchair and a hospital bed. A cold reality check for me. Some things you just have no control over. Have to make the best of it, don't want to become depressed.

Everyone please be thankful and have a wonderful Christmas, Judy

2 comments:

  1. The glass will always have two halves ... the empty half and the full half ... keep thinking about the full half - it will bring you a mountain of joy.

    I love those roses, you are so clever - such a talent. How wonderful to be so creative ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. Impressed by your Satin ribbon roses. Wish If you could share the procedure to create one on your upcoming blog. Iflorist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete